Some of the Author’s Favorite Tips:
- Divorce does not mean you are a failure as a spouse, a parent, or a person.
- Spend less time worrying about who is right and more time worrying about what is right. So do the right thing. Always take the “high” road. You will never regret it.
- Your selection of a lawyer is as important as your decision to divorce. A true professional will care about you as a person and not just as a client.
- Your lawyer can’t work miracles. He or she can only operate with the facts you provide, so always tell your lawyer the whole story – the truth and nothing but the truth.
- Silence is golden when it comes to divorce. Watch what you say and be extremely careful about confiding important details of your case to anyone. Even your closest family members and friends can slip up and accidentally reveal something that could hurt your case.
- When children are involved, parents must always honor their children by placing their best interest first. Love your children more than you dislike your spouse, and put what’s important for them ahead of any personal animosity.